This past month I had the privilege to able to take a group of leaders to a Children’s Ministry Conference at the The Creation Museum located at the Answers in Genesis Headquarters in Kentucky. It was a such a good conference on many levels.
Here are some of the take aways & tweets from this awesome event.
- Beware of Darts! http://instagr.am/p/W7WyIFG9Um/
- “If parents are excited about something, the child will be excited about something” – Ruth Carter
- “Incarnation trumps proclamation.” – Kurt Bruner / importance of family ministry
- “If there is a mist in the pulpit there will be a fog in the pews.” – Ruth Carter
- We can create WOW places but without WOW people, it’s just a place. – Ruth Carter
- “Cool flows downhill when creating environments for combined ages.” – Ruth Carter
- “Please stop using Bulletin boards, we are so past that.” -Ruth Carter (creating irresistible environments for
- “There is only one race – the human race” – Bodie Hodge
- When we teach kids are we just adding God to a secular world view? – Ken Ham pic.twitter.com/1JqDdWH3UR
- We are not teaching Apologetics in the church, we are teaching kids Bible “Stories” – Ken Ham
- Are we preparing these kids to be able to attack the untruth that the schools are teaching them about creation?
The opening session featured AiG CEO Ken Ham. It really opened up my eyes to how I need urgency when I teach these kids. If you have an hour I would recommend you watch this video of Ken Ham’s opening session.
CLICK HERE to Download the Powerpoint slides from the event.
I had the chance to attend CMleaders Conference in Columbus, Ohio this past week. This was the very first of what should be many great conferences. I was very impressed with the set up, the execution and the content of this conference put on by INCM. Because of it being the first year it was a smaller conference which lead to great networking and great conversations with kidmin from all over the world. I wanted to take a second and share some of my notes from the conference. This is my way of purging some of the great things that have challenged me and I can’t get out of my head. I hope this is helpful to you as well.
- We don’t want to live in a world without magic. We want to know that there is something behind the curtain.
- If you build a church you don’t always get disciples if you build disciples you always get the church.
- Your call isn’t to do ministry – it’s to make disciples.
- Sometimes we have to give up what we like to build what we love.
- Kids don’t need to love me, they need to know someone loves them
- God is interested in our obedience more than he is interested in our success.
- The value of a volunteer in the United States is $27.79 per hour. – Sheila Robinson
- The hardest work of recruiting… initiating contacts.- Sheila Robinson
- Kidminnovators make more mistakes. Go for it! You will fail trying new things, or fail to try. –
- Don’t opt for duplication rather than innovation.
- If you are in Gods will, he will put you where you need to be.
- We often ask for grace from those in authority over us, but do we have grace for them?
- Identify your team’s strengths, develop those strengths, and then release then to thrive in those strengths. –
- Lead like Jesus: he taught thousands, trained 70, challenged 12 and did life with 3.
- Pick someone and give them permission to ask about your prayer life, internet use, etc.
- The benefit of trusting far outweighs the pain of being taken advantage of.
- When love walks in the room, fear walks out the back door. –
- I never worry about how others treat me, I only worry about how I treat others – @CraigJohnson5
- Pride will hurt you more than your enemy ever could – @CraigJohnson5